Monday, 30 March 2015

An Educator in Oz!

As an Educator in Oz I want to keep up with the ever changing world of learning trends, media and technology, not only in Australia but all over the world. Since media and technology are at the very centre of my students' lives I want to be able to navigate through their world with ease and to use the technologies they are so familiar with in my classroom.

Components of a 21st Century Classroom — An infographic by the team at Open Colleges via Mashable


Through this blog I hope to be able to keep up with the rapidly changing educational landscape that we live in by learning about ways I can use modern media and technology in my 21st century classroom in conjunction with old fashioned educational tools like books, paper and pens.

How Much Is Too Much Classroom Technology?

When one also take into account that young people today spend over 50 hours every week on some kind of screen and that 50 hours doesn't even include the time using technology for educational purposes, I think it's important to gauge both the negative and positive impact technology has on their social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development.




Please join me in my quest to educate myself, other teachers, students, administrators, carers, and maybe even policymakers, by sharing information and ideas on how we can make our classrooms even more inclusive, engaging, innovative and above all, empowering.

Best wishes,
Natasha

No comments:

Post a Comment