Saturday, 18 April 2015

Sophia showed me how to Flip my Classroom for FREE!

Over the Autumn break I did quite a lot of personal professional development based on the philosophy of "Flipped Learning" and "Flipping the Classroom." To extend my knowledge and officially add to my PD portfolio I earned a professional development certificate, for free, on how to "flip" my classroom with Sophia.org, an online education platform providing over 25,000 free academic tutorials on a variety of subjects. 


Sophia showed me How to Flip my Classroom for FREE!


Sophia is an online social education platform that has partnered with Capella University to offer a series of tutorials on flipping the classroom. They also offer iPad Prepared Certification and Chrome Classroom Certification.

Sophia showed me How to Flip my Classroom for FREE!


Sophia is a first-of-its-kind online social teaching and learning platform that offers academic content to anyone, anywhere, free of charge. The site (Sophia.org) has been described as a mashup of Facebook, Wikipedia and YouTube focused solely on education where users teach what they know and learn what they don’t. Via Eventbrite


I earned my certificate by completing a set of tutorials on a range of topics including "What is the Flipped Classroom?", "Technology and Resources" and "Differentiation Via the Flipped Class." The course too me about four hours to complete and part of the assessment is to create a Flipped Lecture that could be used in my classroom. Sophia also offers free webinars on the flipped classroom. 


I have not been paid or sponsored to write about Sophia, I just wanted to share this incredible free PD resource with my colleagues, especially those who are interested in learning more about Flipping the Classroom!

Best wishes,
Natasha

Let's continue the conversation at Twitter, Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment